iMessage lets you do more than send text, images, and video. You can also send things like locations and contact cards thanks to Share Sheet.
These features are extremely handy in many situations and are already given in most trending third-party apps like WhatsApp. But, do you really need to use any third-party apps to use such features? For iPhone users, there is no need to download any such apps because the iMessage app on your phones has these features as well.
Yes, you can share your location and send contacts directly to your friends and family with the iMessage app. All you need to know is how to access these features. In case you know it already, that’s good for you. But, in case you are not aware of any such features, then stay tuned to this article as we will be discussing it right here, right now.
Gone are the days when you need to type a contact number in the message field and send it to someone who asked for it. These days, if the contact is saved in your phone, you can directly share it with others using the iMessage app on your iPhone or iPad. That not only saves your time but also reduces the risk of sending wrong contact details. Let’s see how to share contact details using the iMessage app.
- First of all, you will need to launch the iMessage app on your iOS device.
- Now, in your contacts list, look for the contact that you want to share.
- Tap on the contact, it will expand the details in a new window.
- Down below, you will find a button that says, Share Contact.
- After tapping on the Share Contact button, it will show you the list of apps that are capable of sharing this information.
- Choose the iMessage app from the list. You will be redirected to the app immediately.
- Inside the iMessage app, select the person who you want to share the contact details with.
- Simply, tap on Send button, it should do the job.
This is the simplest way to share a contact card with other people using the iMessage app. Isn’t it easier than copying a number and pasting it inside a conversation? What do you say?
The iMessage app has very good integration with the Maps applications that allows you to share any location on the map with your friends and family via the iMessage app. This feature comes extremely handy in situations like when you throw a party at a certain venue and want to share it with your friends. Moreover, you can even share your current location with your friends in case you get stuck somewhere and you don’t know much about the exact address. The procedure to share location using the iMessage is pretty easy, just make sure to follow the steps properly, and you’ll become a pro at this in no time.
If you have invited some guests to your place, and they are not familiar with your area much. You can share your current location with them on the iMessage app so that they can find your place quite easily.
- Firstly, open the iMessage app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the person’s conversation and tap on it. If not found, you can create a new thread and enter their number in the recipient’s box, and continue.
- Inside the conversation, click on the (i) button on the top-right corner.
- Now, select the Share My Location button.
- Your current location will be sent instantly, and the person on the other side can see it and even tap on it to get directions.
If you want to inform your friends or family about your minute-to-minute location updates so that they always know where you are. Follow the simple procedure. This feature can come handy in many ways like if any of your family members are travelling alone, you can get regular updates on where they have reached. Or maybe you’re going out with your family to visit any amusement park, all family members can share their live location with each other so that no one gets left behind.
- Open the iMessage app on your iOS device.
- Now, open the conversation thread in which you want to share your live location.
- On the top right corner, you see an (i) button, tap on it.
- Select Share My Location from the menu.
- Choose the duration for which you want to share your location.
It will automatically share your live location with the other person, and they can open the shared location for any time between the duration you set. It creates a live session, and every time the other person opens the location, it will update accordingly.
How to send any location from the Maps app with iMessage
Just as we mentioned earlier, if you want to tell your friends about a location in advance, like a venue for the party, you can use this method to share the exact location of any place so that everyone can reach on time.
- First of all, open the Maps application on your iOS device.
- Now, look for the location that you are willing to share.
- Click on the location, a little description of the place will appear on the screen.
- Swipe up on your screen to expand the details.
- Here, you will find the Share button. Tap on it.
- Now select the iMessage app.
- From the list, choose the people you want to share this with.
- Tap on the Send button to complete the procedure.
How to send Voice notes using the iMessage app on your iPhone or iPad
All of you might have noticed the built-in voice memo app in your iPhones and iPad. Well, it can come extremely handy to record some voice notes, or maybe you just want to sing a song and dedicate it to your loved ones, the iMessage app will help you share it. See how.
- Open the Voice Memo application on your iOS device.
- Now, either record a new voice note or select one from that library that you might have recorded earlier.
- Tap on the memo to expand it and see the details.
- The Share button will be visible to you on this window. Tap on it.
- Now, choose the iMessage app from the list.
- It will redirect you to the iMessage application, type in the name of the person you want to share it with.
- Tap on the Send button. It will be sent to the recipient like a normal audio file.
These were some easy ways that you can use to share location, voice memos, contacts, etc, with your friends or family members using the iMessage app. If you want to know about some other features of your phone, ask us in the comments section, we will try to help you.