There is a vast difference between the android and iOS systems. Some apps are made only for iOS devices, and iMessage is one such app that is exclusively available for iOS devices. This messenger app is a dream of many android users due to its amazing features. Unfortunately, it is not available for android devices, and hence people frequently look for iMessages on Android. Some people ask how to download iMessage on Android, or is it possible to get iMessage for Android.
In a word, the answer is no, you can install iMessage on Android, but with the right use of some software and technology, you can use it. The primary question is, how? And to answer your question, I am here with the same topic, that is how to use iMessage on Android with step by step guide. So let’s start with some necessary details.
Highlights of this Post
- 1 Why Android users can’t use iMessage on Android?
Why Android users can’t use iMessage on Android?
iMessage is a messenger app developed by Apple Inc. This app is uniquely available for iOS users only and uses a particular end-to-end encryption system. Due to its best security system, the messages pass through Apple’s server, and the message sent by one apple user received by another apple user. As the messages are encrypted, only permitted devices can decrypt the message.
iMessage offers some cool features and maintain the exclusiveness of the app. Due to this reason, many android users wish to use it. But it is not available on the google play store. However, there is one way to get control of iMessage. And it is a program named weMessage.
Requirements to use weMessage:
To use weMessage for android iMessage, you need a few mandatory things, which is given below:
- A Mac with macOS 10.10 or higher to run weMessage on Mac
- An iMessage account with existing Apple ID
- Java 7 or higher on your Mac
- Android devise with Android OS 5.0 or higher
- weMessage app on android device
How weMessage allow android users to use the iMessage app?
After reading this half of the post, you will at least get an idea that iMessage can’t work on Android devices. However, due to its iOS-friendly end to end encryption system, it works on the macOS and iOS. Here the compatibility of Mac is most important. weMessage is an app or program for Mac that routes messages via iMessage network. It means the message sent by the sender first goes to the weMessage, and after that, it will pass to the receiver’s device. It says it uses Apple’s encryption system and allows android users to use iMessage android.
Step to set up weMessage on Mac and Android to use iMessage on Android
weMessage is a pretty smart application that works around the apple’s security system. However, setting this tool for a newbie is a little hard. The reason is multiple steps with accuracy. It includes a complex configuration to use the iMessage app for Android. See, this is the only option, and you have to deal with it.
Don’t worry; we have listed all the required steps here to get iMessage on Android without Mac. Oh!! Sorry, Mac is mandatory for this method. Even we have first to configure weMessage on Mac. Let’s look at the steps.
How to Configure WeMessage On Mac?
- You need Java on your Mac to use weMessage; that is why you have to install Java first. You can check whether the app is on your Mac or not by navigating through this path: Applications >> Utilities >>Terminal. It will open pre-installed apps. Type Java and click the return tab.
- If it shows an error, then it is time to install Java on your Mac. If it does not show any error, then you have it. Before moving to the next step, make sure you are using the latest version of Java.
- Download Java from this link: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-downloads.html
- Now, download weMessage app from this link: https://wemessageapp.com/
- Download the setup, and you can see a folder on your screen. Open it and double click on run.command file to launch weMessage.
- In case of any error then click on Apple logo >> System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> General >>Open Anyway
- It is time to enable some accessibility features on your Mac. For that go to the System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> Privacy >>Accessibility
- On the bottom left corner of the screen, you can see the lock icon. Click on it to unlock the settings.
- If your login into Mac is protected by password, then the system will prompt this action. To go further, enter the same password you used while logging in into your Mac.
- Next, click on the plus (+) icon and go to your device’s hard drive via Applications >> Utilities >>Terminal >> Open
- Again double click on run.command to launch the program.
- Now you can see a Terminal window. Here, enter your email address to use iMessage APK.
- Next, enter a password.
It is not mandatory to use the same password for iMessage as Apple ID.
Steps To Set Up weMessage On Android To Download iMessage
- weMessage app is available on the Google play store; therefore, go to the play store and download the app.
- Once it downloaded, launch the app on an android device.
- When you open the app for the first time, a pop-up window will appear on the screen. Click on the next tab at the bottom of the window.
- It will ask for various permissions, click on allow the tab to access the app.
- Go to the system setting as it shows on the slider and turns it on.
- Now, to use the Apple iMessage online through weMessage, it required your Mac’s IP address.
- To find it go to your Mac device open System Preferences >> Network >> Advanced >> TCP/IP >>IPv4 Address
- Note down this IPv4 Address as it is your Mac’s IP address and enter it on the weMessage Android app’s respective field.
- Next, enter the email address and the password that you have added in the above process. Click on sign in.
- If you have entered all details correctly, you can see the Conversations screen on your android device.
Now, your iPhone message app for Android is ready to use. You can send and receive messages like an official app. If it shows a blue iMessage bubble for your message, it working 100%.
See, this process is working when your Mac and Android device is working through the same Wi-Fi network. No matter where you are, if you have both devices with you, you can use iOS messages for Android. You can use the Port forwarding method for different locations of Mac and Android devices. In layman’s language, it is a method that allows your home Wi-Fi network to connect the external devices. See, the process may vary according to modem and router, and we will surely talk about this in one of our upcoming posts.
For now, we put a full stop on this post of iMessage for Android. Now, you will get all the answers to your questions like can you get iMessage on Android, or can we use iOS applications like apple messages on Android. Hopefully, this post is useful to you. In case of any doubt, the comment box is all yours. TIA!